Preference will be given to programs that can be closely tracked, with quantitative impact stated, and to programs that are solution-oriented and that build capacity.
To be eligible for charitable support from the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Community Trust, organizations must:
Serve the community
Comply with applicable laws regarding registration and financial reporting
Be nonprofit, not-for-profit, and eligible for tax-deductible support, i.e. 501(c)(3)
The BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Community Trust will not provide charitable contributions for:
Organizations not eligible for tax deductible support
Denominational or faith-based organizations for religious purposes
Political caucuses, candidates or campaigns
Hospitals or hospital building funds (exception: special project that matches one of our company's priorities)
Sports facilities, sports teams (exception: sports project that matches one of our company's priorities)
Any activities deemed inappropriate to the company
Organizations that comply with the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Community Trust guideline criteria must submit written information in order for us to properly consider the request.
Requests should include:
- A brief description of the program or organization to be funded, including a clear statement of its goals and objectives
- A proposed total budget for the project
- Anticipated time schedule of the project
- Information on other sources of financial support
- A copy or a statement of the operating budget and the last audited financial statement
- A list of the organization's board of directors
- A copy of the IRS W9 tax identification form and the IRS 501(c) (3) determination letter.
- A statement of past results/achievements of the program supported with figures and/or documentation
- A minimum of three months (90-days) lead-time is required
A committee will review each submission.