|September 17, 2010|
Statement on BlueCross’ Network S
Health care coverage affordability is important to everyone. Whether you’re an employer or an employee, the question is: How can I have access to high quality providers and yet pay less? The answer is Network S from BlueCross.
Network S is comprised of respected medical providers who have proven their ability to perform at the highest levels of both quality and efficiency. Some medical providers have chosen not to participate in Network S and aggressively directed patients to competitors as a result.
Network S Key Facts
* BlueCross is Tennessee’s leading health plan option, with more than 20,000 medical providers to choose from.
* Increasingly, customers are turning to BlueCross to keep their coverage affordable. One way we are meeting this demand is Network S, which provides a strong choice of respected doctors and facilities proven to deliver quality care at less cost.
* Choosing Network S as part of a benefits plan saves employers money -- on average up to eight percent. Depending on plan design, employees also save money on their portion of cost.
* Some physicians and facilities have not committed to delivering these savings and do not to participate in Network S. In addition, in order to maintain a lower cost alternative, not all providers are eligible to participate in Network S.
* Network S covers Tennessee with more than 20,000 participating medical providers statewide -- that’s 91 percent of the providers in Network P, our largest network.
* Network S delivers a broad network of quality physicians and facilities at lower costs.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee's mission is to provide its customers and communities with peace of mind through affordable solutions for health and healing, life and living. Founded in 1945, the Chattanooga-based company is focused on reinventing the health plan for its 3 million members in Tennessee and across the country. Through its integrated health management approach, BlueCross provides patient-centric products and services that drive health improvement and positively impact health care quality and value. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Inc. is an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. For more information, visit the company's website at www.bcbst.com.
Return to Press Releases