Looking for a new recipe for a dinner tonight? Try this easy foil packet chicken dinner. It’s easy and nutritious!
Try this easy dinner recipe for a quick meal with less cleanup.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 ¼ - 1 ½ pounds), trimmed
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 large sweet bell pepper (can be red, yellow, green, etc), cut into 1-inch pieces (frozen can be used)
1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
1 ½ cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare packets, start with four large pieces of foil.
3. Place one chicken breast on each piece of foil, leaving enough room around the edges for folding. Spread chicken with mustard.
4. Toss zucchini, pepper, onions, tomatoes, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place about 1 ¼ cups of the vegetable mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
5. Close the packet to cover the ingredients. Starting at the top, seal the packet by folding the edges together in a series of small, tight folds. Twist the tips of the packet and tuck it underneath to help keep the packet closed.
6. Place the packets on a large rimmed baking sheet (packets may overlap slightly). Bake until the vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, about 25 minutes. (Carefully open one package to check for doneness & be careful of the escaping steam.) Let the packets rest unopened for 5 minutes before serving.
7. Serve with wild or brown rice for a complete meal!
*This recipe also works well with a store bought chutney (ex: mango) as the seasoning in the packet.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Calories 283, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 3g, Protein 38g, Sodium 328mg, Cholesterol 98mg