Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Notices
As a participating CoverTN employer, you are required to fund both your third and your employer's third through the bank draft process, and to withhold your employee's third through payroll deduction.
What happens when you don't fund premium payments for your employees
- Starting Jan. 1, 2012, CoverTN will contact you, the participating employer, directly by phone when notified of non-sufficient funds (NSF) for a premium payment.
- A cashier’s check or certified check to cover the payment must be received and posted to your account by the 25th of the month.
- If a check is not received and posted by then, your coverage and subgroup will be terminated.
- If terminated, you will not be able to reenroll, since new enrollment in CoverTN is closed.
- Employees will be offered continued individual coverage and billed for the two-thirds portion of the premium payment for the current month due.
- This new procedure will replace the delinquency notices currently sent in response to NSF notices.
As a reminder, payment is due the first day of each month. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee drafts from your account the first business day of each month. For more information about this change, call CoverTN Member Services toll-free at 1-888-887-3224 or (TDD/TTY) 1-866-591-2908.