Flu Season is Here - Are You Ready?
This season, a sickness is coming to take over your community. It starts with one and it spreads to thousands. It makes you weak and takes over your body. You can catch it from your family, your friends or a total stranger. There is a way to stop this sickness, but it requires action.
So perhaps that was a tiny bit dramatic, but one sentiment does ring true – it is time for your annual flu shot, and the flu is serious business. This year's flu shot will protect against three strains of the flu including H1N1. Make sure to talk to your doctor about what's right for you and your family. Then remember these tips during flu season:
• Drink plenty of water.
• Eat a healthy diet and take a Vitamin C supplement.
• Sneeze and cough into tissues or your shirt sleeve — not your hands.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
• Always keep your hands washed and sanitized.
• If you are sick, stay home and limit direct contact with others.