Inpatient and Surgical Care (ISC)
|BCBST last reviewed November 23, 2016*|
There were no deletions.
Added to: Clinical Indications
- Documentation related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) including 1 or more of the following:
- The individual is negative for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- The individual is positive for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), but has no advancing / symptomatic HIV disease as indicated by ALL the following:
- CD4 count >200 cells per cubic millimeter for >6 months
- HIV-1 RNA undetectable
- Stable anti-retroviral therapy >3 months
- Absence of complications from AIDS (e.g. opportunistic infections, including aspergillus, tuberculosis, coccidiosis mycosis, resistant fungal infections Kaposi’s sarcoma or other neoplasm)
BlueCross BlueShield Association. Medical Policy Reference Manual. (6:2015). Kidney Transplant (7.03.01) Retrieved July 8, 2015 from BlueWeb. (17 articles and/or guidelines reviewed)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee network physicians. August - September 2016.