Ambulatory Care (AC) OTG: C-16
|BCBST modification effective December 11, 2012*|
Added: Behavioral Management and Counseling:
- Services for behavioral management and counseling are appropriate for 2 cession attempts per year for individuals who are competent and who are alert at the time that the services are provided.
- Each cession attempt may include a maximum of 4 intermediate sessions (more than 3 minutes) or intensive sessions (more than 10 minutes), with the total number of visits up to 8 sessions in a 12 month period.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2011). The guide to clinical preventative services. Retrieved September 12, 2012 from http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/pocketgd1011/gcp10s1.htm#ref30.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2010, September). Treating tobacco use and dependency: 2008 update. Retrieved August 30, 2011 from http://www.ahrq.gov/path/tobacco.htm#Clinic.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee network physicians. September - December 2012.
- Complete Guide to Medicare Coverage Issues [Computer software]. (2012, July). Smoking and Tobacco-Use Cessation Counseling (NCD 210.4, p. 2-166). Ingenix.
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force. (2010, December). Recommendations: Counseling to prevent tobacco use and tobacco-caused disease. Retrieved September 12, 2012 from http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/recommendations.htm.