Ambulatory Care (AC)
|BCBST last reviewed December 16, 2015*|
Added: Behavioral Management and Counseling:
- Services for behavioral management and counseling are appropriate for 2 cession attempts per year for individuals who are competent and who are alert at the time that the services are provided.
- Each cession attempt may include a maximum of 4 intermediate sessions (more than 3 minutes) or intensive sessions (more than 10 minutes), with the total number of visits up to 8 sessions in a 12 month period.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2011, October). The guide to clinical preventative services, 2012. Retrieved September 12, 2012 from
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee network physicians. September - December 2015.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. CMS.gov. NCD for smoking and tobacco‐use cessation counseling (210.4). Retrieved August 11, 2015 from https://www.cms.gov/medicare‐coveragedatabase/details/ncddetails.aspx?NCDId=308&ncdver=1&DocID=210.4&bc=gAAAAAgAAAAAAA%3d%3d&.
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force. (2010, December). Recommendations: Counseling to prevent tobacco use and tobacco‐caused disease. Retrieved September 12, 2012 from http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/3rduspstf/tobacccoun/tobcounrs.pdf.