Healthy Family Quick Tips
- After school. While running errands, park toward the back of the parking lot to add extra walking minutes.
- Snack time. Make simple, healthy snacks that kids can later make themselves or pull from the refrigerator or cabinet.
- During free time. As a family, try taking a bike ride or walk before or after dinner to incorporate 30 minutes of exercise each day.
- Grocery shopping. Take time to learn and check food labels; then create a game as you teach your kids how to compare labels and make the most nutritious choices.
- At the table. Make dinner together as a family and coach children on healthy food group choices and portion sizes. Serve food on plates and keep the serving bowls and excess food out of sight to cut down on second and third helpings.
- Still hungry? Eat a healthy dessert or low-fat snack like a fruit smoothie instead of ice cream or candy.
[ RETURN TO FRONT PAGE ]
|BlueReview, the newsletter for commercial group subscribers, is
produced to keep members informed of benefits changes, products and
services and other health care and wellness news.
Log in to BlueAccess to unsubscribe from this list.
Our mailing address is:
801 Pine Street
| Chattanooga, TN 37402
Copyright (C) 2008 BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc. All rights reserved.