Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of the Mayo Clinic
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and cut into wedges
Cracked black pepper or chopped herb of choice (rosemary, sage or thyme), to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To make the sauce: in a small bowl add the water, brown sugar, honey and olive oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Place a single layer of sweet potatoes in the baking pan. Pour the sauce over the sweet potatoes. Turn to coat them.
- Cover and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Turn the sweet potatoes once or twice to continue coating them. When tender, remove the cover and continue to bake until the glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with pepper or chopped herb of choice. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Analysis (per serving)|
|Protein||2 g||Sodium||42 mg|
|Carbohydrates||31 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Total fat||2 g||Potassium||553 mg|
|Saturated fat||<1 g||Calcium||46 mg|
|Monounsaturated fat||1 g|