|Laparoscopy, Surgical with Radical Hysterectomy|
Inpatient Surgical Care (ISC)
|BCBST last reviewed June 30, 2021*|
Added to Clinical Indications: Procedure may be indicated for 1 or more of the following:
- Gynecologic cancer prevention for patient with 1 or more of the following:
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (ie, HNPCC, or Lynch syndrome)
- Other need for prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and patient chooses to have coincident hysterectomy
(eg, BRCA mutation).[e.g., BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, RAD51C, RAD51D mutations]*
- [Premenopausal female with estrogen or progesterone receptor-positive breast cancer,]*
Added to: Hospitalization - Goal Length of Stay Goal Length Of Stay: 3-days
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee network physicians. January - April 2021.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Hereditary Cancer Syndromes and Risk Assessment; Committee Opinion, Number 793, December 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2020 from: https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2019/12/hereditary-cancer-syndromes-and-risk-assessment.