|Mastectomy, Complete - Upcoming Changes|
Inpatient and Surgical Care (ISC)
|To be effective January 30, 2021*|
Added to Clinical Indications:
Procedure may be indicated for 1 or more of the following:
- Subcutaneous or total (simple) mastectomy indicated for...
- [Patient or provider preference over partial mastectomy]*
- Risk-reduction mastectomy (RRM) indicated...
- Significantly elevated risk of breast cancer as indicated by...
- [Lobular carcinoma in situ]*
American Cancer Society. (2020). Mastectomy. Retrieved July 21, 2020 from https://www.cancer.org/.
BlueCross BlueShield Association. Evidence Positioning System. (8:2019). Risk-reducing
mastectomy (7.01.09). Retrieved July 21, 2020 from https://www.evidencepositioningsytem.com/.
(21 articles and/or guidelines reviewed)
National Cancer Institute. (2020). Surgery to reduce the risk of breast cancer. Retrieved July 21,
2020 from https://www.nih.gov/institutes-nih.