We have a number of security measures in place to help protect you, including industry-standard technologies and a team of dedicated IT professionals.
We're committed to keeping your data safe from unauthorized access and ensuring your identity is kept confidential. And there a few things that you can do to help keep your personal information protected.
BlueCross will never make unsolicited phone calls or send emails asking members to provide, update, or verify personal information, such as address, member ID's, Social Security numbers or other confidential information. If you receive a phone call or an email from a BlueCross representative asking for this information, please contact our Privacy Office at 1-888-455-3824 or Privacy_Office@BCBST.com to report this incident.
There are additional steps that you can take to protect all your personal information including:
- Create difficult passwords for online access to your bank, bill payment and other web-based services, including BlueAccess.
- Never share your passwords with anyone.
- Use caution when opening unsolicited emails and attachments. Viruses can be passed along via email and harm your computer.
- Report lost or stolen cards, including credit cards and member ID cards, immediately.
- Contact the national credit reporting agencies - Trans Union, Equifax and Experian – if you feel that your personal information has been accessed or is at risk.
To learn more about protecting your personal information, visit the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft Web site.
For more information on our privacy policies and procedures, visit our Privacy & Security section on this Web site.